Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Serving Size: 4-6 people
4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breast (pasture roaming are thinner)
2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning or Herbs of Italy
1/2 teaspoon of thyme
2 heavy tablespoon of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 heavy teaspoon of garlic powder
5-6 pieces of prosciutto
salt and pepper
extra virgin olive oil
look in notes section for the vegetables I used with this dish
1. Preheat oven to 375 and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
2. Trim and clean your chicken breast, if you buy pasture roaming they will be thin already, if not make sure you thin them out a bit for the prosciutto to wrap around easier.
3. Create the seasoning mix for the chicken, by adding the Italian seasoning, thyme and parmesan in a small bowl and mix well.
4. Add chicken to parchment paper, add a little salt* and pepper and 2 teaspoons of the seasoning mix you made. Spread the mixture out evenly over the chicken breast.
5. Add a little extra virgin olive oil to the chicken, then start wrapping the prosciutto in a diagonal movement around the chicken breast.
6. Brush on a little olive oil to the tops of the prosciutto so it doesn’t dry out.
7. Cook for 30 minutes
Prosciutto has a lot of salt in it, so don’t add to much in the beginning.
If making the potatoes, cut small cubes and slice a yellow onion, mix together with olive oil, salt, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of Italian Seasoning. Add with the chicken when cooking.
If making asparagus, add after 15 minutes of cooking the chicken and potatoes. Drizzle olive oil over them, salt and a little lemon juice and lay the lemon slices over asparagus.
I love using this Microplane zester/grater with everything, just click the link and will take you right to it.
This is the sheet pan I like to use.