Crinkled Molasses Cookies
2 cups of all purpose flour
1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter, room temperature
1 large egg, room temperature
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
3/4 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
1/4 cup of molasses
- Preheat oven to 350. Make sure your butter and egg have come to room temperature. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add the flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves to a medium size bowl. Mix to combine.
- Add sugar and butter to a large mixing bowl or stand mixer. Cream them for about 2 minutes or light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and mix together
- Add the molasses and mix together
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until combined. 2 to 3 batches at a time, do not pour all in at once
- Shape the dough into balls (tablespoon size) and dip into the cane sugar and add to prepared cookie sheet. Make sure there is room because these babies spread out.
- Cook for about 8 minutes or when you see them start to crinkle. Let sit for 5 minutes and then move to wire rack
I like to use cane sugar to roll them in, bit any coarse sugar will work.
Store in an airtight container