Need a quick, light and healthy meal bursting with flavor? Well, look no further. These shrimp tacos are amazing and super filling without being heavy. With zucchini, fire roasted diced tomatoes, and the lemon just seals everything in. Try them over quinoa for more protein or wrapped up in a warm tortilla, whichever way you do it, just give them a try.
Zesty Shrimp Tacos
Serves 4-6 people
4 tablespoons EVOO
1 pound of raw shrimp
dash of chili powder
dash of cumin
1/2 yellow onion
1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 lemon juice of and zest
- Clean shrimp, add lemon juice, chili powder, cumin and salt and pepper, let marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat the 2 tablespoons of EVOO in large pan, add shrimp, cook for 2 minutes until bottoms are brown and start to make a circle in the pan. Flip the shrimp, cook for 2 more minutes. Transfer shrimp to a towel-lined plate.
- Add 2 tablespoons of EVOO to an empty skillet. Add yellow onion and zucchini. Cook 6 minutes until zucchini is cooked through.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, stir constantly for 1 minute until sauce thickens. Add shrimp to skillet and combine everything together.
- Move to large serving bowl. Top with lemon zest (*this part is key), and serve over quinoa or corn tortillas.
Add any additional notes here.