Coconut Curry Halibut Packets
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
4 (5 ounce) halibut fillets or sea bass
2 cans of light coconut milk (14 ounces each)
1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
2 red bell peppers, sliced
2 sweet potatoes or 6 small new potatoes (thinly sliced)
2 small zucchini, sliced and cut into half moons
2-3 limes, sliced for cooking and halved for garnish
1/4 cup Thai basil leaves, torn or chopped
1 -2 teaspoon of curry powder
Salt and Pepper
Parchment paper, pre cut is easiest
1. Preheat oven to 400 and line precut parchment paper on to large baking sheet
2. Lay 1 piece of clean halibut down per sheet and add salt and pepper
3. Pour about 2-3 Tablespoons of the light coconut milk on each filet.
4. Add toppings, red bell pepper, potatoes, onion, zucchini, basil, cailantro and lime slices. Just a few per packet.
5. Add another 3-4 tablespoon of coconut milk on top of each piece, then add about 1/2-1 teaspoon of curry powder for each piece.
6. Add additional salt and pepper
7. Fold the parchment paper along edges, and crimp and seal them.
8. Cook 15-20 minutes or fish is opaque in the center
9. Carefully cut the packets, steam will come out, peel back and enjoy them from their packets.
This is a great recipe to get kids into the kitchen, they can add their own toppings to the packets and they love eating it right out of the packets.
East weeknight meal and clean up, you can prep/cut all ingredients earlier in day too.