Garlic Shrimp Sheet Pan
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Serving Size: 5-6
1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails off
1 yellow onion, sliced
pint of cherry tomatoes
bundle of asparagus, trimmed and cut into small spears
2 lemons, 1 grated/zested and use for lemon juice, other lemon thinly slice
2 Tablespoon of unsalted butter, cut into cubes
Extra virgin olive oil
5-6 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon, thyme
1 teaspoon of Italian Seasoning
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
2 Tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese, optional
1. Line large baking sheet pan with parchment paper. Turn oven on to 400.
2. Add tomatoes and sliced onions to sheet pan, mix with extra virgin olive oil and salt. Roast for 8 minutes.
3. While they are cooking clean shrimp over water and cut asparagus into small spears.
4. After the 8 minutes, pull out the sheet pan toss the tomato mixture and add shrimp and asparagus spears next to the tomatoes.
5. Toss the shrimp with olive oil, seasonings and salt. Then toss the asparagus with the same. Squeeze lemon juice over the shrimp and asparagus.
6. Lastly, add the pieces of cubed butter on the shrimp and thinly sliced lemons. Put the lemon slices over the shrimp and asparagus.
7. Roast for 8-10 minutes. Add grated lemon zest over everything.
8. Serve immediately over rice, toast, quinoa or zoodles, add the grated Parmesan if you so desire.
You can add extra heat in this dish with cholula and extra red pepper flakes. If you need less heat, take out the red pepper flakes entirely and the dish will still have great flavor.
Everything will shrink in the oven so when you put in oven make sure there is plenty of asparagus, tomatoes and onions crowded together.
I love to use this Microplane for zesting and grating