Salmon Sheet Pan with Pesto and Vegetables
15 minutes prep
20 minutes cook time
Make the pesto ahead of time, will keep for up to 2 weeks
For Salmon Marinade
4 salmon fillets
2 lemons, zest and juice of 1 and garnish of the other
3 garlic cloves, minced
salt and pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3-4 sweet potatoes or any potatoes you prefer, cut into small cubes for roasting
1 sweet yellow onion, sliced
3-4 broccolini bunch, cleaned
handful of cherry tomatoes, cleaned
Salt and Pepper
2-4 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup of loosely packed basil leaves
1/2 cup loosely packed parsley leaves
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup of pine nuts (if you like nuttier pesto make it 1/2 cup)
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon of lemon zest
2 teaspoon of lemon juice ( a few squeezes)
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil ( more if needed)
Salt and Pepper
To make the pesto
1. Combine all ingredients except for the EVOO in the food processor
2. Pulse a few times to combine ingredients
3. Slowly drizzle in the EVOO until smooth
4. Add salt to taste***
For Salmon and Vegetables
1. Preheat oven to 425, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Make sure the rack in your oven is in the middle.
2. Clean and pat dry your salmon, marinate with zest from lemon, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes to a few hours.
4. Clean and chop your vegetables. Add all sweet potaotes to a mixing bowl, add olive oil, salt and pepper and minced garlic, make sure they are covered with olive oil mixture
5. Arrange your sweet potatoes on baking sheet first, let cook for 15-18 minutes depending on size. Then add onions to mixing bowl and cover them with olive oil mixture, followed by broccolini and tomatoes.
6. After they have been cooking for 7 minutes, add onions and flip the sweet potatoes.
7. Pull out of oven, move potatoes and onions to one side, add salmon to the middle**and broccolini to other side and add cherry tomatoes around the pan. It will be crowded.
8. Spoon the pesto on top of the salmon.
9. Squeeze more lemon on all ingredients in pan, just a few squeezes, and a little more salt all over pan.
10. Place into the oven for about 12-15 minutes, check salmon. When the salmon flakes easily with a fork, it’s ready.
11. Serve immediately, garnish with chopped parsley and lemon wedges, if desired.
1. Pesto is not exact, have fun with it, be creative, mess with proportions.
2. The trick to 1 sheet pan meals is what cooks first, so add the potatoes and let them cook spread out first so everything is ready at the end together.
3. Make sure the salmon is in the middle when cooking, because the edges of pan are hotter/cook faster, keeps the salmon in the middle baking perfectly.