Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken Gluten Free
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
2.5 Tablespoon- Sesame oil
5-7- garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon- fresh minced ginger (1 small piece)
5T- GF low sodium tamari
2-3 Tablespoon Garlic Sauce Coconut Amino’s
1 Tablespoon of honey
2 teaspoon- garlic powder
Juice of ½ of a lime, zest of lime to add as garnish if desired
½ teaspoon 5 spice powder
Ingredients on the pan
3-4 chicken breast cut into large pieces (about 5 per breast)
1 red bell pepper, cut into large chunks
1 green bell pepper, cut into large chunks
2 cups of fresh broccoli, (that’s about 2 small crowns)
1 cup of snap peas
1 cup of cashews, raw
1 teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon five spice powder
2 teaspoon of sesame seeds (optional)
brown rice or quinoa
1. Preheat oven to 400, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
2. Clean and cut up your chicken and then season it with 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon of 5 spice powder, salt and pepper.
3. Make your sauce: in a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the sauce together.
4. Add the chicken to the sheet pan and spoon almost half the sauce on the chicken, reserving half the sauce for vegetables later. Make sure all the pieces get coated.
5. Let the chicken cook for 8-10 minutes depending on size of your pieces of your chicken.
6. Arrange the vegetables and cashews on the pan and add salt and pepper to them. Then add the rest of the sauce, spooning slowly over the vegetables and cashews. Mix everything together and make sure everything gets coated with sauce.
7. Cook for additional 7 minutes, pull out and mix everything around so cooks evenly, add sesame seeds and let cook for additional 7-10 minutes.
Serve over brown rice or quinoa
Add any additional notes here.