Carrot Zucchini Mini Muffins
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15-18 minutes
About 24 mini muffins
1 cup of whole wheat flour
1-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 Tablespoon of unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1/2 cup of maple syrup or honey
1 large egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup of grated zucchini
1/2 cup of grated carrots
1/2 cup of raisins
1 teaspoon of flax seeds, ground
Cinnamon Glaze (Optional) **
1 cup of powdered sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla
2 Tablespoon of whole milk, more if needed to thin out
1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree, grease the mini muffin tin.
2. Combine flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and flax seed, mix.
3. In a large bowl, stir together the butter, maple syrup, egg and vanilla.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined
5. Add zucchini, carrot and raisins and stir until just combined.
6. Fill each mini muffin pan 3/4 full.
7. Bake 15-18 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
8. While the muffins bake make the glaze. (the glaze is optional these muffins are great and healthy without glaze)
9. Combine all glaze ingredients and stir until combined. If too thick add more milk until desired consistency.
These muffins are a great breakfast or afternoon snack.
You do not need to make the glaze, but adds great flavor but not as healthy as without