Cinnamon Apple Banana Muffins
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15-17 minutes
Makes: about a dozen muffins
1-1/4 cup whole wheat flour (I use King Arthur)
4 Tablespoon of unsalted butter
1 heavy cup of mashed ripe bananas (about 3-4 medium, you want them very ripe)
1-1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/3 cup of maple syrup
1/4 cup of milk (2% is what I use)
1-2 apples (peeled and quartered, chopped into cubes) Granny smith or any crunchier apple Gala
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 -3/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of ground flaxseed (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with liners or spray with cooking spray.
2. Pull out eggs and let sit out, melt butter and let come to room temperature
3. In a medium sized bowl add the banana, maple syrup, vanilla and milk and stir everything together
4. Whisk in the lightly beaten eggs and stir everything together. Add the cinnamon, salt, flax, flour and baking soda. Stir everything together until just combined.
5. Stir in the apples, but be careful not to over mix.
6. Spoon batter into muffin tins about 3/4 full. Sprinkle a little extra cinnamon on tops of all muffins
7. Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until toothpick is inserted comes out clean.
8. Let muffins cool in pan for 5 minutes, best served warm
These muffins can also freeze well, just make sure before you freeze them they are not warm.