Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms
Makes about a 14-16 mushrooms
30 minute prep time
18-22 minutes cook time
1 cup of cooked chopped spinach (room temperature)
1 box of whole white mushrooms (look for ones that are the same size)
1 (6.5ounce) jar of marinated artichoke quarters (I use the 365 brand from Whole Foods)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup of greek yogurt
2.5 ounces of Neufchatel cheese (cream cheese is fine too)
1/3 cup of shredded parmesan
1 Tablespoon of grated parmesan
1/2 teaspoon of paprika, garlic powder and Italian seasoning
1/4 cup of Italian style breadcrumbs
3 Tablespoon of shredded parmesan
1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder and paprika
1 teaspoon of grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400, grease a baking dish
- Cook the spinach as directed on bag
- While the spinach cools down, remove the stems from the mushrooms
- Chop the artichoke quarters in small bite size pieces
- Add to a mixing bowl, spinach, Neufchatel cheese (or cream cheese) greek yogurt, shredded and grated parmesan, spices, salt and pepper, garlic and chopped artichokes.
- Mix all together, and then using a spoon scoop the mixture into the mushrooms, press down on the mixture (but not to hard) so that it gets all the way in there.
- Place the filled mushrooms back into the baking dish
- Make the topping by stirring together in a small bowl, the italian breadcrumbs, shredded and grated parmesan, paprika and garlic powder
- Sprinkle on top the stuffed mushrooms
- Cover the dish with foil lightly and bake for 15-18 minutes-then uncover and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Enjoy immediately
You can create this in advance and is great to do the morning of a party for steps 1-6, then when time to put into oven, make topping, add to stuffed mushrooms and bake.
If you have left over filling throw it in a ramekin and heat it up and dip with chips!