Holiday Chicken & Brussels Sprouts
Preheat oven to 400
Cook time: 30 minutes
This is a perfect go to meal during the busy holiday season
2 teaspoon freshly squeezed orange juice
2 tablespoons of EVOO
2-3 fresh thyme
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1-2 teaspoon grated orange peel
4 garlic cloves, minced
Rest of ingredients:
3-4 chicken breast (you can do skin on bone in will go into more detail in notes)
1 pound of Brussels Sprouts
1/2 cup fresh cranberries
1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
***Marinade For Brussels Sprouts:
salt and pepper
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 teaspoon fresh orange juice
1 teaspoon of Balsamic
Preheat oven to 400
- Make the marinade for the chicken. Add the EVOO, orange juice, maple syrup, garlic, orange zest, balsamic, thyme and salt and pepper, combine all ingredients.
- Cut the chicken breast into large pieces. If you want a more formal presentation then make sure you pound them down a little to all be equal in size for cooking time.
- Pour marinade on the chicken and let marinate for 30 minutes to 24 hours.
- While it marinates make your brussels sprouts, clean and cut them to same size. Add salt, pepper, EVOO, cranberries, balsamic, Italian herbs, garlic minced and orange juice and zest. Add the sliced onion and make sure everything is mixed well.
- Add chicken to brussels sprouts make sure everything is covered with the marinade
- Cook for 30 minutes at 400, mix everything up halfway through cooking time
If you want to use chicken breast and not cut them just pound them down a little and increase cooking time 5 minutes.
If you want skin on and bone in, make sure you broil it for 3-4 minutes at the end to get the skin nice and crispy.
This can be made with no chicken at all for a great vegetarian side.
Cook in an oven safe pan and you can use it to serve as well.
Created by: Marianne Cooks www.mariannecooks.com