This is my favorite dish that actually won an award when I was in culinary school. Right?! I created it late one night, throwing a bunch of things together that just sounded great. It’s still my go-to, my favorite, and my gift to you. Note that this dish should be served over brown rice, white rice, or quinoa to soak up the delicious sauce.
Marianne’s Spiced Chicken
Serves: 4 - 6
1/3 cup honey
3 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons dijon mustard
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning *
3 teaspoons curry powder
1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
zest of the lemon
4 cloves of garlic, minced
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts **
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients except chicken.
- Add chicken that is clean and trimmed of fat into rectangular baking dish.
- Pour spice mixture over chicken breasts. If time, let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Let the chicken sit out while oven is preheating.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. ***
* You can use any Cajun seasoning here, however my favorite brand for this dish is Frontier Co-op.
** You can also substitute chicken for tofu, salmon, or any protein of your choice.
*** Larger chicken breasts may take more time to cook and all oven temperatures vary.